If we consider 2 Chron 7:14, we must acknowledge that prayer is the basis for any form of community revival and consequent transformation.
Revival is when believer start giving way to faith in trusting the Lord to come into a community, for it is only God’s presence in a community that prepare a way for transformation.
Transformation is when every level of society reacts to a new authority, the authority of God, bringing in a new sense of purpose.
Jesus however said – “apart from Me, you can do nothing” we cannot save people nor transform a community, only God can do the impossible.
The question we need to ask, are we prepare to trust in Him more than in our own inability.
Core principles for community transformation
Opportunity – God invite us to invite Him to transform our communities, as it is part of God’s character and nature to transforms communities, Isaiah 61:1-3.
- How do we invite God into a community? By praying unto God for the community, petitioning God on behalf of the community. Isa 62:6-7 On your walls, O Jerusalem, I have set watchmen; all the day and all the night they shall never be silent. You who put the LORD in remembrance, take no rest, and give him no rest until he establishes Jerusalem and makes it a praise in the earth.
- God’s presence is a desire of all, but the desire must manifest in prayer. The capacity must grow, but only God can make it grow.
- God is drawn to holiness and humility. Being proud, opinionated and arrogance are things that oppose God's prescience in a community.
- To be agents of change we must first be changed agents. God keeps the proud amiss but the humble He brings unto Himself. Isa 66:2 All these things my hand has made, and so all these things came to be, declares the LORD. But this is the one to whom I will look: he who is humble and contrite in spirit and trembles at my word.
- Humility is the bases for sustained transformation. Sincere heart to serve the Lord, to worship Him draw God into a community. We must acknowledge that without Him we can do nothing. We must acknowledge that our ability is a gift and just a tool to be used by God.
- Corporate revival begins with individual obedience. A community starts with individuals. How a community start praying together is not the most important part, the most important thing is to begin.
- Man is impressed by activity, God is impressed by obedience. In abiding in God’s presence, we must seek God heart for a community. As part of a community, it is our duty to get involved with a corporate call unto God for our community.
- Whether opposition leads to revival or stop a revival depend on our response. There cannot be opposition if we consider God and His ability.
- Biblical unity is a majority with God. One plus God is a majority. God does not need a majority, and he never used a majority.
- You cannot work for total unity within a community. Transformation is not the result of unity, unity is the product of transformation.
- If we all within the community acknowledge the Kingdom of God, then we all submit to His Kingdom and His rule. When people of a like mind come together, they draw the presence of God. Mat 18:19-20 When two of you get together on anything at all on earth and make a prayer of it, my Father in heaven goes into action. And when two or three of you are together because of me, you can be sure that I'll be there." (Message)
- Unity is not based upon the number of people within a room, unity is something that God brings about when His people call unto Him.
- Confess faults to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous one avails much. Effectual fervent prayer is a cry of desperation. All the above principles is without worth if it is not founded upon fervent, penetrating and perseverance prayer. Elijah watch and waited.
- Prayer is the foundation of our faith, no one can graduate from prayer. Lord we will not let go until we hear from You, we must be determined to seek the face of God. Push into the presence of God. (Pray until something happens)
- We must seek God’s plan for the community first, so that we can call into existence the planned destiny for the community.
- Do not bind the darkness call in the light. We must be result orientated within our prayer life for the community.
- Prayer literally change things, it however depend upon the people’s desire to see God moves, sometime we aboard God’s creation because of our own impatience.
- God’s work will always be unique God’s work is not within the veer of human control, God come to get His glory. God’s program my caught you by surprise, He is unexpected and do not react on our call but in accordance to His plan and purpose. Jesus said that the Holy Spirit is like the wind you cannot see Him come.
- God configure His strategy based upon His level of knowledge and not what we think. We err in our ways as we decide upon a strategy and then we want God to bring it in fulfilment. God will not allow His arrival to be stage manage.
- God use servant leaders who is : Committed to the community. Willing to persevere, who will not give up when the going gets tuff.
- Measuring leadership not on account of a leaders influence within the public eye but whether he has influence with God. You can arrange your articles with the Mobirise website design software.